Food Production Major Factor in Greenhouse Gas Creation and More News
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The Daily Meal brings you the top news in the food world.
One-Third of Greenhouse Gases Come From Food Production: A new study shows that the estimate is double the amount the U.N. predicted from farming. [Huffington Post]
Kevin Durant's New Restaurant: The Oklahoma City Thunder basketball player is opening a new restaurant in downtown Oklahoma City; groundbreaking begins next week. [News OK]
Landmark New York Restaurant Destroyed by Sandy: Tony's Pier restaurant on City Island burned down in the superstorm; it was a beloved institution in the Bronx. [NY1]
Haiti's Growing Food Problem: Hurricane Sandy caused major crop destruction, in turn causing growing fears of food shortages. [BBC]
Dr. Weil's Restaurant Opens in Denver: True Food Kitchen, which follows Dr. Weil's anti-inflammatory diet, opened this week. [Westword]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts