- Todd English born (1960)
Food Production Major Factor in Greenhouse Gas Creation and More News
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
The Daily Meal brings you the top news in the food world.
One-Third of Greenhouse Gases Come From Food Production: A new study shows that the estimate is double the amount the U.N. predicted from farming. [Huffington Post]
Kevin Durant's New Restaurant: The Oklahoma City Thunder basketball player is opening a new restaurant in downtown Oklahoma City; groundbreaking begins next week. [News OK]
Landmark New York Restaurant Destroyed by Sandy: Tony's Pier restaurant on City Island burned down in the superstorm; it was a beloved institution in the Bronx. [NY1]
Haiti's Growing Food Problem: Hurricane Sandy caused major crop destruction, in turn causing growing fears of food shortages. [BBC]
Dr. Weil's Restaurant Opens in Denver: True Food Kitchen, which follows Dr. Weil's anti-inflammatory diet, opened this week. [Westword]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts