Food & Drink Editor leaves Time Out New York
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
After six years, Jordana Rothman is stepping down as the Food and Drink editor at Time Out New York (TONY). "The time was just right to drop the mic at TONY," Rothman said. "Leaving, bittersweet though it is, was a necessary leap — I needed to clear out some space and time to be able to realize even greater goals I have as a food writer and pundit."
While at TONY, Rothman has had many triumphs. Personal highlights include a hot sauce tasting peppered with hilarious, off-the-cuff commentary and the State of the New York Cocktail cover story: "It spoke to the tremendous foothold cocktail culture has gained in Gotham over the past decade and was really just a perfect synthesis of service-y, user-friendly pieces and cutting-edge stuff."
Rothman will be succeeded by Mari Uyehara, who worked until now as the associate editor in the Food & Drink section. "More than anything else, I want the Food & Drink section to continue to be a standard-bearer," Rothman said. "Mari is one of the most rigorous reporters I've worked with and a dyed-in-the-wool tastemaker."
You can find Rothman pumping out her prose in 140-characters or less at @jordanarothman.
Marilyn He is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @Marilyn_He.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts