Food & Drink Editor leaves Time Out New York
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
After six years, Jordana Rothman is stepping down as the Food and Drink editor at Time Out New York (TONY). "The time was just right to drop the mic at TONY," Rothman said. "Leaving, bittersweet though it is, was a necessary leap — I needed to clear out some space and time to be able to realize even greater goals I have as a food writer and pundit."
While at TONY, Rothman has had many triumphs. Personal highlights include a hot sauce tasting peppered with hilarious, off-the-cuff commentary and the State of the New York Cocktail cover story: "It spoke to the tremendous foothold cocktail culture has gained in Gotham over the past decade and was really just a perfect synthesis of service-y, user-friendly pieces and cutting-edge stuff."
Rothman will be succeeded by Mari Uyehara, who worked until now as the associate editor in the Food & Drink section. "More than anything else, I want the Food & Drink section to continue to be a standard-bearer," Rothman said. "Mari is one of the most rigorous reporters I've worked with and a dyed-in-the-wool tastemaker."
You can find Rothman pumping out her prose in 140-characters or less at @jordanarothman.
Marilyn He is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @Marilyn_He.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts