Food & Drink Editor leaves Time Out New York
Recipe of the day
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
- Here’s a Chrome Extension That Adds Guy Fieri to Everything You Look at on the Internet
After six years, Jordana Rothman is stepping down as the Food and Drink editor at Time Out New York (TONY). "The time was just right to drop the mic at TONY," Rothman said. "Leaving, bittersweet though it is, was a necessary leap — I needed to clear out some space and time to be able to realize even greater goals I have as a food writer and pundit."
While at TONY, Rothman has had many triumphs. Personal highlights include a hot sauce tasting peppered with hilarious, off-the-cuff commentary and the State of the New York Cocktail cover story: "It spoke to the tremendous foothold cocktail culture has gained in Gotham over the past decade and was really just a perfect synthesis of service-y, user-friendly pieces and cutting-edge stuff."
Rothman will be succeeded by Mari Uyehara, who worked until now as the associate editor in the Food & Drink section. "More than anything else, I want the Food & Drink section to continue to be a standard-bearer," Rothman said. "Mari is one of the most rigorous reporters I've worked with and a dyed-in-the-wool tastemaker."
You can find Rothman pumping out her prose in 140-characters or less at @jordanarothman.
Marilyn He is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @Marilyn_He.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts