Flag Cake Ideas for the Fourth of July
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- General Mills, Pure Life Iced Tea, ConAgra, and More Pull Advertising From '19 Kids and Counting’
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
When Independence Day rolls around, we roll out the grills, light up the sparklers, and sip on the summer sangria. We put up patriotic decorations and find a way to work the American flag into anything. Of course, this display of patriotism is in no way limited to the table decor and wall hangings. We even take the opportunity to turn our foods into American patriotism with red, white, and blue desserts.
A particularly easy dessert to make that everyone will love is the flag cake. With an assortment of fruits, dyes, and a little innovation, flag cakes can be created to suit a number of different dessert preferences. Get inspired by these patriotic ideas:
The Fruit Flag Cake
Blueberries, strawberries, and a little white fruit dip can transform any cake into the American flag. While we recommend using angel food cake as a light treat, you can pair this with any flavor your heart desires.
Inside Flag Cake
With food dye and a little creativity, this cake will delight guests when they cut into it!
Jell-O Pie Flag Cake
What is more American than Jell-O? This easy pie will be cool and refreshing for your July 4th barbeque!
Cupcake Flag Cake
Make a flag cake with blueberries and strawberry slices on cupcakes in a creatively arranged formation to make them look like a flag.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts