The Fifth Annual Pizza Olympics Comes to Philadelphia
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Tonight, July 18, marks the celebration of the Fifth Annual Pizza Olympics in South Philadelphia. The event will take place from 6 to 9 p.m.
The event has grown in attendance over the years. This year attendance is expected to somewhere between 800 to 1,000 ticketholders, all there to cheer on their favorite pizza shop.
The competition is broken into several categories such as best crust, best sauce, best tomato pie, and creative toppings. Guests who attend will have the opportunity to eat pizza from all of the stores entered in the competition. There will also be plenty of beer on hand to wash the pizza down.
Participating pizza shops include Bianca Pizza & Trattoria, Chickie's & Pete's, J&J Pizza, Lanci's Bakery, Paulie's Pizza, Powelton Pizza, Rosario's, and South View Pizza. Cacia's Bakery, Santucci's, and SliCE are early favorites to win this year.
The all-you-can-eat-pizza night will feature music raffles, giveaways, and more. Guests must be 18 to enter and 21 to drink. For more information visit the Facebook page.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts