Fast-Food Workers Think Their Job Makes the World a 'Worse Place'
Recipe of the day
- Mariscos German’s Fish Voted the Best Taco in San Diego
- Seattle Welcomes Canal Market: A Modern Mercantile
- Is Shake Shack Working on a Chicken Sandwich? Signs Point to Yes
- KFC Launches a Bluetooth Tray That Doubles as a Smart Device and a Food Transporter
- Former Food Network Chef Sued for Playing Marvin Gaye Too Loudly in His Restaurant
Fast-food workers may not always love their jobs, but it seems some of them even think their jobs make the world a worse place.
Of that 1 percent, 42 percent were fast-food workers. The second highest job in the "worse place" pool was bartenders, making up about 6 percent of the sorry sacks.
Fashion designers, senior attorneys, and investment banking associates also made up the top five professions where people think their job degrades the world.
It's important to note that respondents voluntarily answered questions, instead of being randomly chosen for the survey, so these may be particularly talkative subjects who hate their jobs. Cheer up guys; without fast-food workers, bartenders, and fashion designers we wouldn't have Double Downs, Jägerbombs, and drop crotch skinny jeans.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts