Fast-Food Workers Think Their Job Makes the World a 'Worse Place'
Recipe of the day
- Afghanistan’s New President Declares His Love for Katz’s Deli
- Chef Warren Baird to Host Birthday Dinner in Honor of Thomas Jefferson, ‘Unsung Hero of American Cuisine’
- A Beginner’s Guide to Indian Restaurant Menus
- Owner of Korean Restaurant in Queens, New York, Ordered to Pay $2.7 Million in Back Wages
- Jose Garces Opens New Fish Taqueria in Philadelphia
Fast-food workers may not always love their jobs, but it seems some of them even think their jobs make the world a worse place.
Of that 1 percent, 42 percent were fast-food workers. The second highest job in the "worse place" pool was bartenders, making up about 6 percent of the sorry sacks.
Fashion designers, senior attorneys, and investment banking associates also made up the top five professions where people think their job degrades the world.
It's important to note that respondents voluntarily answered questions, instead of being randomly chosen for the survey, so these may be particularly talkative subjects who hate their jobs. Cheer up guys; without fast-food workers, bartenders, and fashion designers we wouldn't have Double Downs, Jägerbombs, and drop crotch skinny jeans.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts