Fast-Food Workers Think Their Job Makes the World a 'Worse Place'
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
Fast-food workers may not always love their jobs, but it seems some of them even think their jobs make the world a worse place.
Of that 1 percent, 42 percent were fast-food workers. The second highest job in the "worse place" pool was bartenders, making up about 6 percent of the sorry sacks.
Fashion designers, senior attorneys, and investment banking associates also made up the top five professions where people think their job degrades the world.
It's important to note that respondents voluntarily answered questions, instead of being randomly chosen for the survey, so these may be particularly talkative subjects who hate their jobs. Cheer up guys; without fast-food workers, bartenders, and fashion designers we wouldn't have Double Downs, Jägerbombs, and drop crotch skinny jeans.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts