- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Fancy Franks Brings Gourmet Hot Dogs to Toronto
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- This Dairy Queen Has Been Playing By Its Own Rules Since 1949
- KFC Canada Has a Chicken Bucket That Prints Out Photos
- Hardee’s Introduces All-Natural, Grass-Fed Burger to Menu
- The Newest Shake Shack Burger Is Topped with Beer and Bacon Caramelized Onions
- Unlike McDonald's, Burger King Reports Strongest Second-Quarter Sales in a Decade
Fancy Franks Gourmet Hot Dogs is adding fuel to the firestorm of hot dogs taking over the city. Restaurateur Angelos Economopoulos isn’t just handing out dogs topped with mustard (or stuffing them in pizza) — he’s taken inspiration from all over the world, developing a menu of globe-trotting condiments to adorn his processed meat.
The "Fancy Massala" is one such atypical frank. Ketchup-slicked wieners just don’t cut it anymore (and frankly, should be considered a sin — mustard only, folks!), so Fancy Frank throws chickpeas, carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, coconut curry, and yogurt into the mix. A more global approach can be found in the "Frankaphone," featuring smoked Gruyère, horseradish Cheddar, squeaky curds, and honey Dijon mayo. Those who want some soul in their sandwich should order the "Po’Boy Gets Fancy," which finds panko-fried shrimp topped with lettuce, horseradish mayo, and hot sauce. It’s a smart move; in peddling these adventurous combinations, Economopoulos is sure to sate a variety of tastes.
Craving a PB&J? There’s a hot dog for that.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts