Even Applebee's Launching Booze-Infused Menu
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Shake Shack Shareholder PETA Pushes for Vegan Menu Options
- RL Stine Calls Feeding Frenzy, Two-Hour Closure of First White Castle in Las Vegas a ‘True Horror’
- Queens Noodle Powerhouse Mu Ramen is Looking for an Executive Sous Chef
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: Parma, an East Side Survivor
- Chubby Noodle Restaurant Files Trademark Lawsuit Against Fat Noodle Restaurant
New menu items include Napa chicken and portobellos, which uses a cabernet demi-glace, as well as pretzels and a beer cheese dip (spiked with craft beer, apparently). This adds onto the "double barrel whisky sirloin," with a bourbon-based sauce.
"We're obsessed over combining wine, bourbon, and beer with top ingredients to create cravable dishes that are approachable for our guests," Applebee's executive chef Michael Slavin told NRN. One way to lure in the hot, younger crowd? Add booze to everything. Makes sense.
But really, Applebee's is trying so hard; they even got a "flair bartender" to show off his juggling skills in their new ad. Now, if the alcohol weren't cooked out (like those alcoholic pizzas), that would be a completely different story. Check out their new ad below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts