Even Applebee's Launching Booze-Infused Menu
Recipe of the day
- Seattle Welcomes Canal Market: A Modern Mercantile
- Is Shake Shack Working on a Chicken Sandwich? Signs Point to Yes
- KFC Launches a Bluetooth Tray That Doubles as a Smart Device and a Food Transporter
- Former Food Network Chef Sued for Playing Marvin Gaye Too Loudly in His Restaurant
- Capital One Is Opening a Café Concept with Mobile Tellers in New York City’s Union Square
New menu items include Napa chicken and portobellos, which uses a cabernet demi-glace, as well as pretzels and a beer cheese dip (spiked with craft beer, apparently). This adds onto the "double barrel whisky sirloin," with a bourbon-based sauce.
"We're obsessed over combining wine, bourbon, and beer with top ingredients to create cravable dishes that are approachable for our guests," Applebee's executive chef Michael Slavin told NRN. One way to lure in the hot, younger crowd? Add booze to everything. Makes sense.
But really, Applebee's is trying so hard; they even got a "flair bartender" to show off his juggling skills in their new ad. Now, if the alcohol weren't cooked out (like those alcoholic pizzas), that would be a completely different story. Check out their new ad below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts