- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Even Applebee's Launching Booze-Infused Menu
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Subway Employees Set World Sandwich-Making Record
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
- Live the High Life at SixtyFive in Rockefeller Center, Offering ‘Gin & Jazz’ Every Friday in August
- A New High-End Pizzeria Plans to Go National
New menu items include Napa chicken and portobellos, which uses a cabernet demi-glace, as well as pretzels and a beer cheese dip (spiked with craft beer, apparently). This adds onto the "double barrel whisky sirloin," with a bourbon-based sauce.
"We're obsessed over combining wine, bourbon, and beer with top ingredients to create cravable dishes that are approachable for our guests," Applebee's executive chef Michael Slavin told NRN. One way to lure in the hot, younger crowd? Add booze to everything. Makes sense.
But really, Applebee's is trying so hard; they even got a "flair bartender" to show off his juggling skills in their new ad. Now, if the alcohol weren't cooked out (like those alcoholic pizzas), that would be a completely different story. Check out their new ad below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts