- Food Bank Week Begins
Even Applebee's Launching Booze-Infused Menu
Recipe of the day
- Chef Cesare Casella Is No Longer Associated with Salumeria Rosi
- The Best Chicken and Waffles in America
- Chuck E. Cheese Is Trying to Win Back Customers By Adding Booze to Their Menu
- New York City’s Tavern on the Green Sued for Refusing to Let War Vet Dine with Her Dog
- We Know the Secret to Getting Free Guacamole at Chipotle
New menu items include Napa chicken and portobellos, which uses a cabernet demi-glace, as well as pretzels and a beer cheese dip (spiked with craft beer, apparently). This adds onto the "double barrel whisky sirloin," with a bourbon-based sauce.
"We're obsessed over combining wine, bourbon, and beer with top ingredients to create cravable dishes that are approachable for our guests," Applebee's executive chef Michael Slavin told NRN. One way to lure in the hot, younger crowd? Add booze to everything. Makes sense.
But really, Applebee's is trying so hard; they even got a "flair bartender" to show off his juggling skills in their new ad. Now, if the alcohol weren't cooked out (like those alcoholic pizzas), that would be a completely different story. Check out their new ad below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts