- Food Bank Week Begins
Eva Longoria on Kitchens, Gadgets, and Staying Healthy
We talk to the Desperate Housewives actress about her food habits
Recipe of the day
- Exclusive: Andrew Zimmern Falls in Love with Grandma’s Cooking in This ‘Bizarre Foods’ Clip
- The Crack Shack from ‘Top Chef’ Richard Blais Will Serve Chicken and Eggs All Day Long
- One of Gordon Ramsay’s Head Chefs Is Looking to Open Her Own Restaurant
- The First Season of ‘Barefoot Contessa’ Is Now on Netflix
- Dale Talde Dishes on the New York Wine & Food Festival, His Best Meal Ever
Everyone knows Eva Longoria as an actress and spokesperson, but she is also apparently an avid home cook. "I cook all the time," she says. "I cook a lot of Mexican food because that’s what I grew up with, but I cook everything and I am really a healthy eater so I love vegetables, I love protein; I’m not a big carb person."
Longoria says that she emphasizes eating healthily not just because she is an actress, but because all people should focus on what goes in their body. "I love vegetables and I eat vegetables at every single meal, incorporating that, and obviously just everything in size and moderation," she says.
Longoria finds cooking at home easy because she loves her kitchen. The best part is her "huge island." "When people come into my house they go 'I think that’s the biggest island I’ve ever seen,'" she says. "I love the stove being in the island so you’re facing out to cook to people instead of your back to them. It’s such a community thing to do, to cook and share those moments with family and friends."
For more from the Desperate Housewives actress and Lays spokesperson, watch the video above!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts