Eva Longoria on Kitchens, Gadgets, and Staying Healthy
We talk to the Desperate Housewives actress about her food habits
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Everyone knows Eva Longoria as an actress and spokesperson, but she is also apparently an avid home cook. "I cook all the time," she says. "I cook a lot of Mexican food because that’s what I grew up with, but I cook everything and I am really a healthy eater so I love vegetables, I love protein; I’m not a big carb person."
Longoria says that she emphasizes eating healthily not just because she is an actress, but because all people should focus on what goes in their body. "I love vegetables and I eat vegetables at every single meal, incorporating that, and obviously just everything in size and moderation," she says.
Longoria finds cooking at home easy because she loves her kitchen. The best part is her "huge island." "When people come into my house they go 'I think that’s the biggest island I’ve ever seen,'" she says. "I love the stove being in the island so you’re facing out to cook to people instead of your back to them. It’s such a community thing to do, to cook and share those moments with family and friends."
For more from the Desperate Housewives actress and Lays spokesperson, watch the video above!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts