Eva Longoria on Kitchens, Gadgets, and Staying Healthy
We talk to the Desperate Housewives actress about her food habits
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
Everyone knows Eva Longoria as an actress and spokesperson, but she is also apparently an avid home cook. "I cook all the time," she says. "I cook a lot of Mexican food because that’s what I grew up with, but I cook everything and I am really a healthy eater so I love vegetables, I love protein; I’m not a big carb person."
Longoria says that she emphasizes eating healthily not just because she is an actress, but because all people should focus on what goes in their body. "I love vegetables and I eat vegetables at every single meal, incorporating that, and obviously just everything in size and moderation," she says.
Longoria finds cooking at home easy because she loves her kitchen. The best part is her "huge island." "When people come into my house they go 'I think that’s the biggest island I’ve ever seen,'" she says. "I love the stove being in the island so you’re facing out to cook to people instead of your back to them. It’s such a community thing to do, to cook and share those moments with family and friends."
For more from the Desperate Housewives actress and Lays spokesperson, watch the video above!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts