Essential Baking Tools
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
Being a beginner baker can be daunting, so that's why The Daily Meal has put together a list of tools and gadgets that aspiring pastry chefs just can't do without. Whether you dream of freshly baked snickerdoodles, a homemade apple pie with a perfect filling, or an indulgent dark chocolate cake, dreams won't become reality without a properly equipped kitchen. So what do you need?
We pored through our library of cookbooks and also polled members of our Culinary Content Network for some basic advice. The good news? Getting started doesn't require a huge investment in equipment, and many of these things are items you may already have in your kitchen. By no means is our list meant to be exhaustive in the sense that it will cover every baking eventuality, but this should be enough to get you started on some basic recipes.
Will Budiaman is the Recipe Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts