- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Essential Baking Tools
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Buy a Spatula Designed by Your Favorite Celebrity Chef and Support No Kid Hungry
- Now You Can Sync Your Favorite New York Times Recipes to Evernote
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Bisquick
- Using the Samsung Smart Fridge Could Expose Gmail Credentials to Hackers
- This Musical Utensil Is Both a Spoon and a Slide Whistle
Being a beginner baker can be daunting, so that's why The Daily Meal has put together a list of tools and gadgets that aspiring pastry chefs just can't do without. Whether you dream of freshly baked snickerdoodles, a homemade apple pie with a perfect filling, or an indulgent dark chocolate cake, dreams won't become reality without a properly equipped kitchen. So what do you need?
We pored through our library of cookbooks and also polled members of our Culinary Content Network for some basic advice. The good news? Getting started doesn't require a huge investment in equipment, and many of these things are items you may already have in your kitchen. By no means is our list meant to be exhaustive in the sense that it will cover every baking eventuality, but this should be enough to get you started on some basic recipes.
Will Budiaman is the Recipe Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow him on Twitter @WillBudiaman.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts