- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
enRoute App Showcases Canada’s Best New Restaurants
Recipe of the day
- Sacrebleu! Paris Is Facing a Baguette Shortage Because French Bakers Are on Holiday
- What to Eat in the Most Visited Cities Around the World
- South Africa’s Food Routes: Your Ultimate Culinary Travel Planner
- Michaela's Map: Transformative Travel in Panama
- Taking the Ultimate American Road Trip? Here's Where You Have to Eat
To coincide with Air Canada’s unveiling of its list of Canada’s Best New Restaurants 2012 in its inflight magazine enRoute, the magazine has updated its enRoute Eats app.
The free app includes information about the top 10 best new restaurants in Canada, which include six in Toronto: Edulis, Ursa, Acadia, Hopgood’s Foodliner, Grand Electric, Keriwa Café. Two restaurants in Calgary, Model Milk and Borgo, and two in Montreal, Pastaga and Nora Gray, also made the top 10.
This year’s top 10, along with 250 other top restaurants selected by enRoute’s editors across Canada, is included in the app.
The app features a What’s Nearby tool, which recommends restaurants nearest to the user. Restaurants can be searched by cuisine, location, or dish and then get detailed information about each establishment. The users favorites can be shared via Twitter, email, or text.
The enRoute Eats app also includes previous lists from enRoute magazine's Canada’s Best New Restaurants listings, which have been published annually for the last decade.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts