- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
The Empire State Building's Empire Room Expands Menu and Hours
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Subway Employees Set World Sandwich-Making Record
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
- Live the High Life at SixtyFive in Rockefeller Center, Offering ‘Gin & Jazz’ Every Friday in August
- A New High-End Pizzeria Plans to Go National
The ladies (and gents) who lunch in midtown have a snazzy new option in The Empire Room’s expanded bar menu, featuring old-school classics like Reubens, chopped salads, and chicken parmigiana in panini form. Owner Mark Grossich says of the additions, "We continue to strive to revive the spirit of the golden age as a timeless hospitality destination and look forward to accommodating new and existing customers with a memorable lunch experience in one of the most iconic spaces in the world."
Looking at the 3,500-square-foot space, you’d never guess the Art Deco interior used to house a post office, and though people may not be able to send and receive packages anymore, the folks over at Hospitality Holdings (which also owns the tony Campbell Apartment) are ensuring that plenty of commerce still takes place with their power lunch offerings.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts