- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
The Empire State Building's Empire Room Expands Menu and Hours
Recipe of the day
- These 9 Restaurants Pay Rent to Donald Trump
- 50 States: the Best BBQ Across America
- $100 and the Essay of a Lifetime Will Get You the Deed to This Restaurant and Bar
- Waitress Takes Care of Cancer Patient’s Bill at a New Jersey Pizza Shop
- The Newly Reopened Dirt Candy Will Now Serve a Vegetable Lovers Brunch
The ladies (and gents) who lunch in midtown have a snazzy new option in The Empire Room’s expanded bar menu, featuring old-school classics like Reubens, chopped salads, and chicken parmigiana in panini form. Owner Mark Grossich says of the additions, "We continue to strive to revive the spirit of the golden age as a timeless hospitality destination and look forward to accommodating new and existing customers with a memorable lunch experience in one of the most iconic spaces in the world."
Looking at the 3,500-square-foot space, you’d never guess the Art Deco interior used to house a post office, and though people may not be able to send and receive packages anymore, the folks over at Hospitality Holdings (which also owns the tony Campbell Apartment) are ensuring that plenty of commerce still takes place with their power lunch offerings.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts