'Emeril’s Florida' Coming to Cooking Channel
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
Emeril Lagasse has been involved with Food Network since its earliest days, and he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. The Cooking Channel, Food Network’s sister network, announced this week that the legendary chef and TV personality will be returning to the network as host of Emeril’s Florida, which will follow Lagasse around the state and will premiere Sunday, Jan. 6 at 10:30 a.m.
"This show is really fun for me because I'm exploring all parts of the state. Each county and city has something unique to offer making each episode a little different," Lagasse said in a press release. "From cattle ranches to beautiful beaches and of course, a ton of great food and restaurants in between, people will have a whole new appreciation for the Sunshine State."
The famed New Orleans chef was last featured on The Cooking Channel with the shows The Originals with Emeril and Fresh Food Fast. Previously, he hosted Emeril Live on Food Network, along with his original flagship show, The Essence of Emeril.
The first episode of the show will take Lagasse, who owns 13 restaurants and has published 17 cookbooks, to Orlando, where he’ll hang out with chefs at various restaurants (including his own, Emeril’s Orlando), spend some time cooking up some of his own creations, and drop into a 20-degree bar.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts