elBulli Auctioning Off Wine Cellar
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
Wine connoisseurs and elBulli fans better start picking their jaws up off the floor: Wine-Searcher reports that an estimated 10,000 bottles from elBulli's wine cellar will be auctioned off by Sotheby's in the near future.
Of course, Sotheby's isn't being particularly generous with details, with a representative telling Wine-Searcher, "Detailed information regarding Sotheby’s sale of wines from elBulli restaurant will be available in due course." The time, place, and number of wine bottles to be auctioned off are still unknown.
elBulli, which had a 139-page wine list before it closed last year, housed some 1,600 different wines from France, Spain, Italy, and Canada, among others.
According to Wine-Searcher, wine prices ranged from $26 a bottle to more than $6,000 a bottle (specifically for a 1999 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti’s Romanée Conti). Avid buyers better start researching their picks (and clearing out their cellars). Check out a PDF of the old wine list here.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts