The holidays are undoubtedly the best time of year and nothing says celebration quite like eggnog. Traditionally served on Christmas, this classic should not just be solely reserved as a wintertime treat or in the form of a drink. Ideal for those who like to reinvent classics, this eggnog bread is light but still packs a punch with its rum-flavored accent.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40-60 minutes for 9×5 inch loaf pan or 35-40 minutes for three 3×5 inch loaf pans
Total time: 1 hr
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup eggnog
2 teaspoons rum-flavored extract
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup (1 stick) butter softened at room temperature
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9×5 inch loaf pan or three 3×5 inch loaf pans with butter.
2. Blend together the eggs in a mixer.
3. Mix in eggnog, rum extract, sugar, vanilla and butter.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a separate bowl.
5. Gradually add the dry mixture from step 4 into eggnog mixture until blended.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan or pans.
7. Bake the large loaf for 40-60 minutes or the smaller loaves for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Cool bread for 10 minutes and remove from pan.