- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Eddie Huang's 'Cheap Bites' Promo Drops
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Alton Brown on Food Culture and Its Flaws: Loving Food ‘Doesn’t Make You Special’
- Teen Chef Opens His First Restaurant with $160 Tasting Menu, Sparks Anger in Chef Community
- David Chang Says Next Year Will Be All About Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- Chef Ana Ros of Slovenia: Emerging Gastronomy, Part 2
- Chef Ana Ros of Slovenia: Emerging Gastronomy, Part 1
Outspoken chef Eddie Huang has been in talks for a TV show for some time, and it looks like it's finally happening. This promo was featured on Huang's blog Fresh Off the Boat today, showing close-ups of all sorts of food and an exterior shot of Baohaus.
According to the Cooking Channel web site, Huang will show viewers where to eat cheap, from "free pizza in NY, to doughnuts that only cost a quarter in Memphis, Tenn." Cheap Bites premieres Jan. 1 at 8 p.m. ET, just one hour before that other premiere with Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts