- Ray "McDonald's" Kroc born (1902)
Easy Décor for Your Thanksgiving Table
Apples & Onions
Apples & Onions
Recipe of the day
Remember our Halloween table? We're using the same elements for this simple yet stylish Thanksgiving table. Hosting dinner this year and short on time? Run a similar arrangement down the center of your Turkey Day table or along your mantle, for a natural, elegant, and understated display. Here's how we did it:
• We started with our faithful workhorses: the burlap strips.
• Inspired by the darling mini white pumpkins still found in farmers markets, we kept things small and white and clustered orb-like clear and white bud vases from Heath Ceramics and Jonathan Adler around the squash and filled them with Chinese mums.
• The repetition of almost round, squash-like shapes is what makes this look work. Lydia had the great idea to toss in some cipollini onions that I had in the kitchen — it's a cucurbita and allium table for those taxonomy nerds out there!
• Off-white pillar candles stand ready to bring the glow, above and left. A Juliska gourd carafe, like this one, does double duty as an elegant vase, adding height to a side table, buffet table, or mantle when filled with white flowers — inexpensive white carnations work well here.
• For a dinner-table centerpiece, however, you want something low enough to see over. So we removed the tall flower arrangement and swapped in medium-sized white spray-painted pumpkins, adding a few small silver ones in for sparkle, too.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts