Easy Décor for Your Thanksgiving Table
Today on The Daily Meal
Remember our Halloween table? We're using the same elements for this simple yet stylish Thanksgiving table. Hosting dinner this year and short on time? Run a similar arrangement down the center of your Turkey Day table or along your mantle, for a natural, elegant, and understated display. Here's how we did it:
• We started with our faithful workhorses: the burlap strips.
• Inspired by the darling mini white pumpkins still found in farmers markets, we kept things small and white and clustered orb-like clear and white bud vases from Heath Ceramics and Jonathan Adler around the squash and filled them with Chinese mums.
• The repetition of almost round, squash-like shapes is what makes this look work. Lydia had the great idea to toss in some cipollini onions that I had in the kitchen — it's a cucurbita and allium table for those taxonomy nerds out there!
• Off-white pillar candles stand ready to bring the glow, above and left. A Juliska gourd carafe, like this one, does double duty as an elegant vase, adding height to a side table, buffet table, or mantle when filled with white flowers — inexpensive white carnations work well here.
• For a dinner-table centerpiece, however, you want something low enough to see over. So we removed the tall flower arrangement and swapped in medium-sized white spray-painted pumpkins, adding a few small silver ones in for sparkle, too.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts