Easy Corn Salad with Feta, Tomatoes, and Basil Recipe
Daily Value: 28%
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||648µg||162%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||5g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||4g||0%|
Pairs Well With
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
This simple salad gets a kick of heat from a thinly sliced serrano pepper, which is dispersed enough so that you will only get a piece about every third bite or so. Feel free to leave it out if you're not into heat or add in another if you're a fiery kind of eater.
It's easy to throw together as a quick side dish or can be made ahead (just leave the feta and basil out until you're ready to serve it). Try serving it alongside some quickly cooked fish or even grilled chicken for an easy and filling meal.
- 2-3 ears fresh corn, husked
- ¾ cup crumbled feta, preferably Bulgarian
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- Half of a 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4-5 hearts of palm, sliced into rounds
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4-5 basil leaves
Steam the corn, allow to cool, and then remove kernels by holding the corn upright and cutting down the sides with a knife. Place in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and combine (making sure to tear the basil apart with your hands right before you serve).
Total time: 25 minutesServings: 4