Dunkin’ Tests Gluten-Free Donuts
Recipe of the day
- Restaurant Offends with Bruce Jenner Hot Dog
- McDonald’s Is Actually Closing 700 Locations This Year
- A Male Version of Hooters Is Opening in Dallas, Texas
- In This Twisted World, Taco Bell Stock Is Up and Chipotle Stock Is Down
- Chipotle Rolls Out Delivery Across 67 Cities Including New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago
The gluten-free trend is apparently going to continue to be a big deal in 2013. More people say they’re including “stop eating gluten” on their lists of new year’s resolutions, and now even Dunkin’ Donuts is testing a line of gluten-free donuts.
According to the Huffington Post, the new gluten-free treats are being tested in southern Florida and Boston. Dunkin’ says the products have been well-received, but there is as yet no timeline for expanding the offerings to more stores.
Cross-contamination is often a problem for people who can’t eat gluten, and there must be tons of gluten-laden microscopic doughnut particles flying through the air in your average Dunkin’ Donuts, so the gluten-free versions of the Dunkin’ snacks will come sealed in individual packages.
Of course, being devoid of gluten does not magically convert a donut into a health food. But it is still good news for any Celiac sufferers who feel like indulging in something sugary alongside their morning coffee.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts