Dunkin' Donuts Hawks Pork Doughnuts, Signs on LeBron James
Recipe of the day
- Triscuit Flavors: How Many Are There?
- Parents Required to Sign Permission Slips for Kids to Eat Oreos
- Velveeta Bagel Bites and 9 More Insane Mashups That Could Come Out of the Kraft-Heinz Merger
- Heinz and Kraft Merge to Form World’s Fifth-Largest Food Company
- No More Ketchup Bottle Abuse: This No-Stick Bottle Invention Is Genius
Sure, Dunkin' Donuts has some pretty strange flavors around the world (wasabi cheese and seaweed cheese anyone?), but they've never gotten a basketball star to eat any of them before.
But now, LeBron James has signed on to promote the doughnut megachain in China, Taiwan, India, and South Korea. And in China, Dunkin' sells some pork doughnuts (a doughnut topped with shredded pork).
The 150 Dunkin' stores in China are also looking to serve milk tea and bagels with "pork floss topping," Reuters reports. We're pretty sure we saw a seafood pasta-filled doughnut in Japan from Japanese doughnut chain Mister Donut, though, so maybe savory doughnuts are the next big thing? Perhaps James can report from the frontlines.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts