Dunkin' Donuts Hawks Pork Doughnuts, Signs on LeBron James
Recipe of the day
- Ben & Jerry’s Are Open to Making Marijuana Ice Cream
- Häagen-Dazs Teams Up with Six Artisans Around the Country for Latest Ice Cream Collection
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Wonder Bread
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
Sure, Dunkin' Donuts has some pretty strange flavors around the world (wasabi cheese and seaweed cheese anyone?), but they've never gotten a basketball star to eat any of them before.
But now, LeBron James has signed on to promote the doughnut megachain in China, Taiwan, India, and South Korea. And in China, Dunkin' sells some pork doughnuts (a doughnut topped with shredded pork).
The 150 Dunkin' stores in China are also looking to serve milk tea and bagels with "pork floss topping," Reuters reports. We're pretty sure we saw a seafood pasta-filled doughnut in Japan from Japanese doughnut chain Mister Donut, though, so maybe savory doughnuts are the next big thing? Perhaps James can report from the frontlines.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts