- World Water Week begins
Dumpster Diving to Feed the Family
Recipe of the day
- ‘Yes, You Are Responsible for Your Franchises,’ Labor Board Scolds Fast Food Chains
- The Vegan Seafood Tower: This. Changes. Everything.
- Why Roanoke, Virginia is an Example to Our Nation
- Subway Knew About Jared Fogle’s Creepy Exploits but Did Nothing to Stop Them, Franchisee Says
- Californians Demanding Labels for Food Products Made with Fracking Wastewater
Ever since the NY Post reported "Brooklyn hipsters go Dumpster-diving for dinner," the office has been wondering, just how well can you eat on found food?
Well, The Perennial Plate took a look at the Dumpster-diving habits of one man, and the results seem pretty satisfactory. The man in the video often visits a Trader Joe's and finds 75 percent of the food needed to feed his family. Watch below to see him make French toast with caramelized bananas, with found bread and bananas. "I've gained 10 pounds since I've started Dumpster-diving," he says.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts