- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
Dumpster Diving to Feed the Family
Recipe of the day
- Is This the Craziest Thing Someone Has Done for Free Food?
- This Drunk Guy Accidentally Bought More Than $500 Worth of Pizza for Strangers
- What’s It Like to Fly on Qatar Airways Business Class? Hint: It’s the Lap of Luxury
- Costco Will Cut Back on Chilean Salmon, Source Most From Norway
- Whole Foods Market’s Stock Drops, Does Not Meet Third-Quarter Earning Expectations
Ever since the NY Post reported "Brooklyn hipsters go Dumpster-diving for dinner," the office has been wondering, just how well can you eat on found food?
Well, The Perennial Plate took a look at the Dumpster-diving habits of one man, and the results seem pretty satisfactory. The man in the video often visits a Trader Joe's and finds 75 percent of the food needed to feed his family. Watch below to see him make French toast with caramelized bananas, with found bread and bananas. "I've gained 10 pounds since I've started Dumpster-diving," he says.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts