Dumpster Diving to Feed the Family
Recipe of the day
- Former Cook Will Serve 4 Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer’s Food and Eluding Police
- Walmart Updates Animal Welfare Standards After Pork Distributor Accused of Animal Abuse
- What 'All-Natural' and 9 Other Food Labels Actually Mean
- Egg Shortage Looms Ahead As a Result of Devastating Bird Flu
- Petition Calls World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards Sexist, Self-Pleasing, and Lacking Sanitary Criteria
Ever since the NY Post reported "Brooklyn hipsters go Dumpster-diving for dinner," the office has been wondering, just how well can you eat on found food?
Well, The Perennial Plate took a look at the Dumpster-diving habits of one man, and the results seem pretty satisfactory. The man in the video often visits a Trader Joe's and finds 75 percent of the food needed to feed his family. Watch below to see him make French toast with caramelized bananas, with found bread and bananas. "I've gained 10 pounds since I've started Dumpster-diving," he says.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts