Dumpster Diving to Feed the Family
Recipe of the day
- This Guy Lost 50 Pounds Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail — And Took a Selfie Every Day to Prove It
- Fatty Food Consumption Could Increase Mental Illness Risk, Research Says
- Cajun vs. Creole: What's the Difference?
- Third Death in Colorado Linked to Marijuana Edibles Overdose
- Which Came First, Orange the Fruit or Orange the Color?
Ever since the NY Post reported "Brooklyn hipsters go Dumpster-diving for dinner," the office has been wondering, just how well can you eat on found food?
Well, The Perennial Plate took a look at the Dumpster-diving habits of one man, and the results seem pretty satisfactory. The man in the video often visits a Trader Joe's and finds 75 percent of the food needed to feed his family. Watch below to see him make French toast with caramelized bananas, with found bread and bananas. "I've gained 10 pounds since I've started Dumpster-diving," he says.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts