- Fried Chicken Day
Drunk Eating: Wawa Edition
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 9 Things You Need to Know about Kombucha, Kimchi, and Other Probiotic Foods
- Everything You’re Doing to Ruin Your Metabolism, and What You Should Be Doing Instead
- Graphic Footage of Inhumane Slaughter Practices at Foster Farms Leads to Suspension of 5 Employees
- United States to Begin Importing Eggs From the Netherlands to Deal with Bird Flu-Related Shortage
- Chimpanzees Possess the Ability to Cook, and Can Appreciate a Good Sweet Potato
You’re drunk and hungry. Or, just drunk. Where do you head? Wawa. And what do you get? Probably the wrong thing. Follow these steps to make your morning-after slightly more manageable.
Step 1: Grab a 44 oz cup and fill it to the brim with water. Begin drinking immediately. Don’t sleep until it’s empty.
Step 2: Order your food. Obviously you’ve been eying the mac and cheese, but stay away. Greasy foods are known to worsen hangovers. Chicken tenders, however, are permissible (and delicious). Allegros round one wasn’t enough? Get a chicken quesadilla, a less greasy and slightly healthier alternative to pizza.
Step 3: Don’t forget to head to the register—a critical and often forgotten step. Pick up a pretzel as you pay for your meal and eat it while you wait. Honey mustard complements the pretzel well, but isn’t necessary.
Step 4: Browse the aisles. If you are craving sugar, grab some Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. The peanut butter will serve you well. Want salt? We recommend Stacy’s Pita Chips. The plain flavor is easy on the stomach.
Step 5: Let’s just say we saw a woman getting arrested last week for trying to steal a Red Bull. Apparently, shoplifting is taken seriously here. Head straight home.
Next week: Copa Edition.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts