- Columbus Day
Drunk Eating: Wawa Edition
Recipe of the day
- Researchers Developing Steaks and Burgers Fortified with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- World’s Largest Spice Company Will Be 70 Percent Organic and GMO-Free by 2016
- 12 Ways Your Kids Can Help Make Dinner
- Cheesemakers Anxiously Await FDA Findings on Safety of Raw Milk
- Argentine Ant Threatens Already-Dwindling Bee Population with Spread of Deadly Virus
You’re drunk and hungry. Or, just drunk. Where do you head? Wawa. And what do you get? Probably the wrong thing. Follow these steps to make your morning-after slightly more manageable.
Step 1: Grab a 44 oz cup and fill it to the brim with water. Begin drinking immediately. Don’t sleep until it’s empty.
Step 2: Order your food. Obviously you’ve been eying the mac and cheese, but stay away. Greasy foods are known to worsen hangovers. Chicken tenders, however, are permissible (and delicious). Allegros round one wasn’t enough? Get a chicken quesadilla, a less greasy and slightly healthier alternative to pizza.
Step 3: Don’t forget to head to the register—a critical and often forgotten step. Pick up a pretzel as you pay for your meal and eat it while you wait. Honey mustard complements the pretzel well, but isn’t necessary.
Step 4: Browse the aisles. If you are craving sugar, grab some Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. The peanut butter will serve you well. Want salt? We recommend Stacy’s Pita Chips. The plain flavor is easy on the stomach.
Step 5: Let’s just say we saw a woman getting arrested last week for trying to steal a Red Bull. Apparently, shoplifting is taken seriously here. Head straight home.
Next week: Copa Edition.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts