Drunk Eating: Wawa Edition
Today on The Daily Meal
- Favorite Drunk Foods: UT Edition
- The Celebrity Secret to Healthy Eating: Z.E.N. Foods Founder Talks Hollywood Diets, Cupcakes and Zac Efron
- Scientists Say Comet 67P Smells of Rotten Eggs, Drunk Person
- Hamilton Leithauser Talks Post-Walkmen Black Hours, His Writing Process, the Coen Brothers & Drunk Cross-Eyed Germans
- Chivas & Bremont Collaborate to Offer the Limited-Edition Chivalry Chronometer
You’re drunk and hungry. Or, just drunk. Where do you head? Wawa. And what do you get? Probably the wrong thing. Follow these steps to make your morning-after slightly more manageable.
Step 1: Grab a 44 oz cup and fill it to the brim with water. Begin drinking immediately. Don’t sleep until it’s empty.
Step 2: Order your food. Obviously you’ve been eying the mac and cheese, but stay away. Greasy foods are known to worsen hangovers. Chicken tenders, however, are permissible (and delicious). Allegros round one wasn’t enough? Get a chicken quesadilla, a less greasy and slightly healthier alternative to pizza.
Step 3: Don’t forget to head to the register—a critical and often forgotten step. Pick up a pretzel as you pay for your meal and eat it while you wait. Honey mustard complements the pretzel well, but isn’t necessary.
Step 4: Browse the aisles. If you are craving sugar, grab some Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. The peanut butter will serve you well. Want salt? We recommend Stacy’s Pita Chips. The plain flavor is easy on the stomach.
Step 5: Let’s just say we saw a woman getting arrested last week for trying to steal a Red Bull. Apparently, shoplifting is taken seriously here. Head straight home.
Next week: Copa Edition.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts