- M.F.K. Fisher born (1908)
Dole Launches Line of Chocolate-Covered Banana Slices
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Skittles
- Things You Didn't Know About Kellogg's Corn Flakes
- Going Beyond Meat: How One Company’s Meatless Meat Appeals to Carnivores
- What Is Cheetos Cheese Dust? And 8 Other Junk Food Mysteries Solved
- Ben & Jerry’s Renames Cookie Dough Ice Cream ‘I Dough, I Dough’ to Celebrate Marriage Equality Decision
Dole has become nearly synonymous with bananas, which also happen to be one or the more versatile fruits (unless you try to juice them, of course). Frozen bananas are quite possibly the best alternative to ice cream out there, so the folks at Dole, which is the world’s leading producer of the fruit, decided to get in the game and freeze some bananas o their own. They took it one step further, as well, by dipping the banana slices into dark chocolate.
The recently launched Banana Dippers come in packs containing four slices of banana, frozen, chocolate-covered, and if you prefer, topped with almonds. The dark chocolate variety contains 100 calories per serving, and the one with almonds contains 120 calories.
Freezing bananas for commercial use has always proved tricky, and while they definitely get the flavor down, the bananas themselves take on an icy, crystalline consistency as opposed to the creaminess that frozen bananas are renowned for. As a frozen snack, though, these go down easy and are pretty hard not to like.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts