Dogfish Head and Grateful Dead Make Collaboration Beer
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
While Dogfish Head is touting its seasonal Punkin ale, the beloved brewery is also concocting a new brew just for you Dead Heads. Introducing the American Beauty beer, a collaboration between the Grateful Dead and Dogfish Head, which will be in stores in October 2013.
Apparenly, the Grateful Dead members are huge fans of Dogfish Head, so the collaboration is nothing short of heaven. "Aside from Dogfish’s history with music-themed brews, we love their beer, and think it’s the best around. Plus, these are really good people and are the type of folks we want to work with," said David Lemieux, legacy manager for Grateful Dead in a press release.
The Huffington Post reports that the American Beauty brew will be an strong barley and malt pale ale, but the brewery is looking to fans to suggest a final ingredient to add to the brew. Starting in December, you can suggest your ingredient on the Dogfish Head website. So, we imagine that Dead Head + Dogfish Head = Dogfish Dead Head?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts