Dogfish Head and Grateful Dead Make Collaboration Beer
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
While Dogfish Head is touting its seasonal Punkin ale, the beloved brewery is also concocting a new brew just for you Dead Heads. Introducing the American Beauty beer, a collaboration between the Grateful Dead and Dogfish Head, which will be in stores in October 2013.
Apparenly, the Grateful Dead members are huge fans of Dogfish Head, so the collaboration is nothing short of heaven. "Aside from Dogfish’s history with music-themed brews, we love their beer, and think it’s the best around. Plus, these are really good people and are the type of folks we want to work with," said David Lemieux, legacy manager for Grateful Dead in a press release.
The Huffington Post reports that the American Beauty brew will be an strong barley and malt pale ale, but the brewery is looking to fans to suggest a final ingredient to add to the brew. Starting in December, you can suggest your ingredient on the Dogfish Head website. So, we imagine that Dead Head + Dogfish Head = Dogfish Dead Head?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts