- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Die Koelner Bierhalle Kicks off Karneval Celebration
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- What’s Happening: Portland, Oregon Food Events in August 2015
- Sheraton® Hotels & Resorts Launches New Bar Experience Worldwide
- Google Is Teaming Up with Food Trucks to Let You Pay for Food with Photos
- A Guide to Great Pizza in Every Borough of New York City
- What’s Happening in Washington, DC: July 27, 2015
In honor of Cologne Karneval, Radeberger Gruppe's Sion Kölsch has partnered with Die Koelner Bierhalle, who will host its first annual Karneval kick-off event on Sunday, Nov. 11. From 11:11 a.m. to midnight, patrons are invited to dress in festive attire for this costume party. Clowns, jesters, kings, maidens, and farmers are traditional costumes for this centuries-old party. Die Koelner’s house band, KlapsMühle, will be on hand to create a jovial atmosphere. The music will serve as the backdrop for an evening celebrating Cologne’s Kölsch beer tradition.
Cologne Karneval takes place every year in Cologne, Germany. Traditionally, the "fifth season" (carnival season) is declared open at 11 minutes past 11:00 a.m. on the 11th of November. Additional festive high-points are held throughout the winter season.
Die Koelner Bierhalle is a 4,000-square-foot traditional German Bierhalle serving 30 unique German craft beers on tap and more than 50 hard to find bottled German beers. Located in Park Slope, Brooklyn, the massive space serves a full menu of Teutonic cuisine.
When a holiday requires you to drink before noon, you know it’s going to be a good day.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts