Did Spock Like Ale?
Today on The Daily Meal
- Great Spock! Star Trek Klingon Beer to be Released Soon
- Man Gives Up Food For Lent: You'll Never Guess How He Did It
- Start Your Trekkie Booze Collection: 'Star Trek' Wine Now Available
- Beer Review: New Albion Ale From Boston Beer
- Beer Review: Ommegang Iron Throne Blonde Ale, the 'Game of Thrones' Beer
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
In Star Trek, the Vulcan have their own planet, so it only seems fair to give them their own beer, too. Just in time to celebrate and publicize the release of Star Trek: Into Darkness, Alberta-based distillery DeLancey Direct Incorporated released a new bottle of Irish Red Ale conveniently named Vulcan Ale.
The ale, which has an alcohol volume of 5.4 percent, is said to be the first of a series of ales to be released in collaboration with the movie premiere, and it has already picked up excitement from Star Trek fans all over the world. Fans are posting on the Facebook page made for the ale, asking when it will be released in other countries, and some are even asking Canadian citizens to ship it to them.
In theme with Star Trek, Dr. Richard Weger, a veterinarian, long time Star Trek fan, and one of the creators of the ale, said that the taste will “explore a new universe.”
The beer is currently only being sold in bottles, but Delancey Direct Incorporated and Dr. Weger expect that it will be made into cans in the future, for greener purposes. As of Monday, Vulcan Ale has only been released in Alberta and some areas of British Columbia, but will expand to being sold in beer and liquor stores throughout Canada by early next year.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts