Did Spock Like Ale?
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
In Star Trek, the Vulcan have their own planet, so it only seems fair to give them their own beer, too. Just in time to celebrate and publicize the release of Star Trek: Into Darkness, Alberta-based distillery DeLancey Direct Incorporated released a new bottle of Irish Red Ale conveniently named Vulcan Ale.
The ale, which has an alcohol volume of 5.4 percent, is said to be the first of a series of ales to be released in collaboration with the movie premiere, and it has already picked up excitement from Star Trek fans all over the world. Fans are posting on the Facebook page made for the ale, asking when it will be released in other countries, and some are even asking Canadian citizens to ship it to them.
In theme with Star Trek, Dr. Richard Weger, a veterinarian, long time Star Trek fan, and one of the creators of the ale, said that the taste will “explore a new universe.”
The beer is currently only being sold in bottles, but Delancey Direct Incorporated and Dr. Weger expect that it will be made into cans in the future, for greener purposes. As of Monday, Vulcan Ale has only been released in Alberta and some areas of British Columbia, but will expand to being sold in beer and liquor stores throughout Canada by early next year.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts