Detergent Soda in China, a 'Doctor Who' Restaurant, and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Detergent Soda: A customer at a McDonald's in China accidentally picked up a cup filled with detergent, thinking it was soda. His girlfriend was not happy. [Examiner]
Supermarket Food Labeling: Obamacare's ruling that restaurants should provide nutrition information on menus means that grocery stores would have to do the same with fresh prepared foods. [Fox News]
'Doctor Who' Restaurant: An entire Doctor Who restaurant might be in the works, thanks to a theme park of sorts celebrating BBC shows. [Grub Street]
Fast-Food Statistics: Here is a thorough interactive graphic about the top 20 fast-food chains in America. Panera's slogan is apparently "A loaf of bread in every arm." Who knew? [Webstaurant store]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts