Denny's Franchise Owner in Hot Water Over Obamacare and More News
Recipe of the day
- This Guy Lost 50 Pounds Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail — And Took a Selfie Every Day to Prove It
- Fatty Food Consumption Could Increase Mental Illness Risk, Research Says
- Cajun vs. Creole: What's the Difference?
- Third Death in Colorado Linked to Marijuana Edibles Overdose
- Which Came First, Orange the Fruit or Orange the Color?
The Daily Meal brings you the top news in the food world.
Backlash for Denny's Franchise Owner: After franchisee John Metz spoke out against "Obamacare" and claimed surcharges for customers, Denny's is trying clean up after his mess. [Huffington Post]
Fewer Food Pantries in New York City: A new report shows that there are 25 percent fewer food pantries since 2007. [Wall Street Journal]
'Cannibal Chef' Pleads Not Guilty: Gilberto Valle's lawyers claim that the idea to abduct, kill, and cook women was all part of a fantasy — not real plans. [FOX News]
Ramsay Wants the Name 'Spotted Pig': Gordon Ramsay has applied for a U.K. trademark for the name, despite the existence of a New York gastropub with the same name. [Bloomberg]
How the White House Does Thanksgiving: This year, it's all about health (with a kale and fennel salad on the menu, for starters). [Washington Post]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts