David Burke’s Bacon Bar Opens in Chicago
Recipe of the day
- Step Out of Your Comfort Zone and into New York’s Adalya for Brunch
- The Memphis Taproom Beer Garden Serves the Best Hot Dog in Philadelphia
- Pommes Frites and Sushi Park Destroyed After Massive East Village Explosion and Building Collapse
- Lafayette Coney Island Serves the Best Hot Dog in Detroit
- James Coney Island Serves the Best Hot Dog in Houston
Burke’s Bacon Bar serves “handwiches,” which feature one of four different types of bacon, such as Benton’s Tennessee Bacon, “Angry Bacon,” Dreymiller & Kray “Matilda” cured bacon, and Niman Ranch Pepper Bacon. The nine sandwiches on the menu celebrate meat, with selections including banh mi, five-spice duck, beef n’ cheddar, hot turkey roll wrap, and more. There is one vegetarian option: the smoked eggplant meatball parmesan, although the menu adds that you can add bacon for an extra buck.
The bacon-themed sandwich shop also serves desserts like bacon chocolate chip cookies and bacon peanut brittle. And if that isn’t enough, bacon-lovers can go all out with bacon-inspired t-shirts, bacon strips adhesive bandages, and other items.
Time will tell how the sandwich shop pans out, but it’s hard to go wrong with bacon.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts