David Burke’s Bacon Bar Opens in Chicago
Recipe of the day
- Nearly 70 Restaurants Coming to Village Voice’s Eighth Annual Choice Eats Tasting Event
- Spiaggia Voted the Best Italian Restaurant in Chicago
- Vetri Voted the Best Italian Restaurant in Philadelphia
- What’s Happening in Washington, DC: Anniversary Galas, Whisky Parties, and Purim Celebrations
- Sandwich of the Week: Centro Ristorante’s Rosebud Meatball Sandwich in Chicago
Burke’s Bacon Bar serves “handwiches,” which feature one of four different types of bacon, such as Benton’s Tennessee Bacon, “Angry Bacon,” Dreymiller & Kray “Matilda” cured bacon, and Niman Ranch Pepper Bacon. The nine sandwiches on the menu celebrate meat, with selections including banh mi, five-spice duck, beef n’ cheddar, hot turkey roll wrap, and more. There is one vegetarian option: the smoked eggplant meatball parmesan, although the menu adds that you can add bacon for an extra buck.
The bacon-themed sandwich shop also serves desserts like bacon chocolate chip cookies and bacon peanut brittle. And if that isn’t enough, bacon-lovers can go all out with bacon-inspired t-shirts, bacon strips adhesive bandages, and other items.
Time will tell how the sandwich shop pans out, but it’s hard to go wrong with bacon.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts