- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
The Daily Meal's Year Of #PorkByFork Sweepstakes
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
Oscar Mayer has long been known as the standard-bearer for hot dogs and cold cuts, and they’ve upped the ante even more with the recent release of their Carving Board series of turkey, roast beef, and ham. Some recent additions to that roster have really caught our eye, though, and we’re offering you the opportunity to try them. For free. For an entire year.
Their new offering of pulled pork comes in two varieties: Hickory Smoke and Sweet and Spicy. The Hickory Smoke has a pronounced smoke flavor, and there are even big chunks of bark (the smoky outer crust) in every 11.5-ounce container. They both make for a great lunch or dinner: just add in some sauce, pop it in the microwave, and pile it up on some bread. Or, you can take the Pork by Fork approach: toss the pork into a bag of chips with some sauce and add-ins of your choice (we’d recommend shredded cheese and coleslaw), give it all a crunch and a stir, and eat it right out of the bag with a fork. Tweet out your recipe using the hashtag #porkbyfork!
As an added bonus, the first 225 people per day to follow Oscar Mayer and tweet with the hash tag #PorkByFork will get a $2-off coupon valid toward Carving Board Pulled Pork (lasts until December 20). (No Purchase Necessary. Open to residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C. who have a public Twitter account and follow @OscarMayer. Ends: 11:59 pm ET on 12/20/12. For details visit http://prmtns.co/pork)
HOW TO ENTER
Step 1: Follow us on Twitter between 2PM on Dec. 14 and 6PM on Dec. 21!
Step 2: Tweet "I just entered to win a year’s supply of @OscarMayer pulled pork from @thedailymeal & @sirmyers! Go here: http://bit.ly/SWm5M2 #porkbyfork" or clicking the "Tweet to enter" button below.
Step 3: That’s it! keep checking our Twitter updates, where we’ll announce the winner!
The Daily Meal Year Of #PorkByFork Sweepstakes
COMPLETE OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant who made a potentially winning entry, Sponsors reserve the right to deem that the entry was made by the registered subscriber of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible for The Daily Meal Year Of #PorkByFork Sweepstakes, only one account may be used per person to tweet an entry, and the contestant may only enter one time during the campaign. All tweets must include the @thedailymeal and @sirmyers handles so the sponsor can track the tweets. To enter the Sweepstakes you must be a lawful permanent resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and be 21 years of age or older as of December 14, 2012. Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 United States (and the District of Columbia), in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths, and where restricted or prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes, and any web site pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the United States. Employees of Sponsor, Oscar Mayer and other participating partners, their affiliated companies, parents, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families and members of their households, are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
3. Drawing and Notification: The Grand Prize Winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received in a random drawing held on or about December 27th, 2012 by the sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning a prize depends upon the number of eligible entries received. The potential Winner will be notified by email and/or mail within approximately two (2) days of the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be reached within two (2) calendar days from the first notification attempt, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
4. Prizes: 1 (One) Years Supply of Oscar Mayer Carving Board Pulled Pork. Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is approximately $100.00. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Grand Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Taxes, gratuities and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibilities of the Grand Prize Winner. No transfer or substitution for the prize allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion
5. Prize Conditions: Prize Winners will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (“Affidavit/Release”). Such documents must be returned by the date and/or time indicated within such documents. If the potential Prize Winners fail to return such documents within that time, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. Except where prohibited by law, the Prize Winners’ entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use said prize winners’ names, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
6. Sweepstakes Conditions: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. The Prize Winners and entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including personal injury or death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the respective prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, or any claims based on rights of publicity, rights of privacy and/or merchandise delivery.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Potential winners will be announced after the Entry Period as they are selected. An individual is not deemed a winner unless and until he/she has complied with these Official Rules regardless of whether he/she has been announced as a winner on Twitter or in any other forum. The Sponsor will also send the potential winner a direct message from @thedailymeal to the potential winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a message from Sponsor, Entrant must (a) be following @thedailymeal and (b) have his or her account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the message within the defined days detailed in the message or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received, if time permits. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”). If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries received, if time permits. By participating, each winner, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor, The Daily Meal, and their respective designees to announce his/her name on Twitter as the winner and to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to by fraud, virus, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award any unawarded prizes at random from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted bylaw. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless to The Daily Meal (“Sponsor”), Oscar Mayer, their employees, and/or other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (including any advertising and promotion agencies), and their employees, respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee from and against any claim or cause of action arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize (including any travel or activity-related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled tweets or direct messages; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the conducting of the live feed or the sending of tweets, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees or other legal costs. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Winners List: For the names of the winners (available after January 3, 2013), send a self- addressed stamped envelope to: Spanfeller Media Group, Attention: Winners List, 156 5th Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, New York, 10010
Kraft Foods is providing the prizes for this program at no cost to us. This program is not administered or sponsored by Kraft Foods or its affiliates, but solely by The Daily Meal.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts