Cruzan Confusion Recipe
- 1 ounce Cruzan Pineapple Rum
- 1 ounce Cruzan Banana Rum
- 1 ounce Cruzan Mango Rum
- 1 ounce Cruzan Coconut Rum
- Pineapple juice, to top
- Splash of grenadine
- Pineapple wedge or lime wheel, for garnish (optional)
- Cherry, for garnish (optional)
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
The first time that I had a Cruzan Confusion was while devouring perfectly seasoned and moist rotisserie chicken at La Reine, a fantastic outdoor chicken shack located on the island of St. Croix. Opting out of a more typical rum punch, the bartender recommended this powerful beverage to cool me down while I waited for my order of chicken and Johnny cakes.
Native to St. Croix, Cruzan rum has been produced on the island since 1760. To make the rum, Cruzan mixes high quality molasses with tropical rainwater, which, through fermentation, is turned into alcohol, resulting in the tropical-flavored rums used in the beverage below. A favorite drink of The Daily Meal office, try making this rum in larges batches for a summer barbecue or for a few favored friends.
Fill a 12-ounce glass with ice. Add the rums and top with the pineapple juice and grenadine. Stir and add garnishes if using.
Calories per serving:280 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Fat, Low Sodium Fat Free, Low Fat Abs, Sugar Conscious, Low Potassium, Kidney Friendly, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, No Oil Added
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.