Crispy Sriracha Mac and Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 1/2 Cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 4 Ounces cream cheese
- 2 1/2 Cups shredded Cheddar
- 1 Pound orecchiette, half-cooked
- 2/3 Cups breadcrumbs
- Baked Pork Chops and Stuffing
- Apple Cinnamon Walnut Muffins
- Granola and Greek Yogurt Parfaits
- Black Pepper and Sea Salt Salmon
- Cholula Chicken Tacos with Feta
- Kamut with Andouille Chicken and Turkey Sausage, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Kale
- Cherry Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Salad
- Italian Sausage with Balsamic Tomatoes, Arugula, Tomatillos, and Feta
- Breakfast Burritos
This hearty recipe is a great warm and spicy treat for the mid-week winter blues. Play around with ingredients to make it spicier, creamier, or cheesier!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, milk, egg, Sriracha, cream cheese, and Cheddar.
In a 4-quart glass baking dish, place the half-cooked orecchiette, and pour the cheese mixture over top, letting it fill the dish and surround the pasta noodles. Next, sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the whole dish, and pat down lightly with a spoon to get a semi-even texture. Place in the oven, uncovered, and bake for 45-55 minutes.
Note: Add more milk and cheese (possibly Velveeta) for a creamier and cheesier dish. Add or subtract Sriracha for your desired level of spice!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts