Cream-Style Soup Mix Recipe
Daily Value: 3%
Low-Fat-Abs, Sugar-Conscious, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||3µg||1%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||0g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
To whip up dinner in a hurry, try having this mix on hand to use instead of canned cream of mushroom soup.
For more recipes, visit Taste of Home
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Use as a substitute for half of a 10-3/4-ounce can of condensed cream of chicken, mushroom or celery soup.
In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk 2/3 cup water and 3 tablespoons soup mix. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, whisking occasionally.
For mushroom soup, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup sauteed sliced mushrooms. For celery soup, add 1/8 teaspoon celery salt or one sauteed sliced or chopped celery rib.
Recipe DetailsServings: 16
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).