- Oil, for frying
- 1 Pound crawfish, cooked tail meat only
- 2/3 Cups diced celery root, cooked
- 2/3 Cups diced parsnip, cooked
- 2/3 Cups diced sweet potato, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup club soda
- 2 Tablespoons chef Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic
These crawfish fritters come together quickly, and they're the perfect snack to start off a Mardi Gras feast. The batter features seasonal root vegetables — celery root, parsnip, and sweet potato — that add another dimension of flavor to this appetizer.
In a deep frying pan, heat 1-inch oil to 350 degrees and line a plate with paper towels.
In a mixing bowl, fold together the remaining ingredients. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the oil. Fry until golden to deep brown. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Plate and serve with a favorite dipping sauce.
Calories per serving:505 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Sodium Sugar Conscious, Dairy Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free