Crawfish Fritters Recipe
Daily Value: 25%
|Folic Acid (B9)||106µg||26%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||21g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||10g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
These crawfish fritters come together quickly, and they're the perfect snack to start off a Mardi Gras feast. The batter features seasonal root vegetables — celery root, parsnip, and sweet potato — that add another dimension of flavor to this appetizer.
- Oil, for frying
- 1 pound crawfish, cooked tail meat only
- 2/3 cup diced celery root, cooked
- 2/3 cup diced parsnip, cooked
- 2/3 cup diced sweet potato, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup club soda
- 2 tablespoons chef Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic
In a deep frying pan, heat 1-inch oil to 350 degrees and line a plate with paper towels.
In a mixing bowl, fold together the remaining ingredients. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the oil. Fry until golden to deep brown. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Plate and serve with a favorite dipping sauce.
Recipe DetailsServings: 6