Cranberry-Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
Daily Value: 7%
Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Fat-Free, Low-Fat-Abs
|Folic Acid (B9)||9µg||2%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||0g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||0g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Here’s a Mexican-inspired twist on the traditional cranberry sauce. Try this salsa with some turkey breast and prepare yourself for a taste sensation.
- 5 pounds frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup orange zest, shredded on a Microplane
- 3/4 pound sugar
- 1 1/4 quarts water
- 3/4 pound jicama, cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 1/2 quart tomatillo-habanero salsa*
- Kosher salt, to taste
Place the cranberries in the bowl of a food processor, and process until finely chopped. Put chopped cranberries in a large bowl and add the orange juice, lime juice, sugar, and orange zest. Mix well.
Take 2/3 of the mixture and process with the water in a blender until smooth. Return the blended portion of the salsa to the bowl. Mix together well and add the jicama, the tomatillo-habanero salsa and season with salt, to taste.