Couple Allows Starbucks Customers to Name Its Baby
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks Ditches CDs, Teams Up with Spotify to Create ‘Music Ecosystems’
- Study Says Your Coffee Maker Is One of the Dirtiest Things in Your Kitchen
- Starbucks Is Not Liable for Burns Suffered by Officer Who Spilled Coffee on Himself, Jury Finds
- Nobody’s Buying Keurig Coffeemakers Anymore: Company Admits They Made a Serious Mistake
- Coffee 101: How to Order the Best Drink
Maybe Kimye should have tried this instead: A coffee-loving Connecticut couple is letting Stabucks’ customers choose the name of their child.
The couple, Jennifer James, and Mark Dixon told the New Haven Register that they have been struggling to agree on a name for the boy they are expecting in September. So, they decided, as any logical people would, to let the customers at their local Starbucks decide.
They put a to-go Starbucks cup covered in pictures of blue baby’s feet at the register with a sign that reads “Help us choose our son’s (first) name, Jackson or Logan,” according to the New Haven Register.
While the couple gave the two options, those are not the only answers they receive. Some answers say simple “neither,” others suggested “Obama,” “Jebediah” or "Lincoln."
Dixon told the New Haven Register that they received nearly 1,800 votes since they started the contest, not including people who voted more than once. And on June 25, despite the influx of fake names, the name “Logan” won out “by far.”
The couple announced the name to the customers by hanging a sign declaring which name had won.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts