- Mollie (Moosewood) Katzen born (1950)
Cooking Competition Will Decide Delta’s Next Chef
Recipe of the day
- How to Eat Off the Grid When the Apocalypse Comes
- Love Chocolate? Love Craft Beer? Book a Flight to Portland Immediately For These Delicious Treats
- Dos and Don’ts for Tea Around the World
- 10 Healthy Snacks to Bring on Your International Flight
- A Georgia Classic: The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
Yesterday, The New York Times announced that Delta Air Lines and Food & Wine "have joined forces" to host a cooking contest entitled "Cabin Pressure Cook-Off," which will determine the next chef who will join the airline’s culinary advisory crew.
Chefs competing in the competition are all members of Food & Wine’s best annual chef program and include Atlanta chefs Hugh Acheson and Linton Hopkins, Kelly English (who owns restaurants in Memphis and St. Louis), and George Mendes from New York.
The chef competition will happen in three parts that are sent to be filmed in New York in late July and early August, and will be promoted later this fall by both Delta and Food & Wine on their respective websites and social media outlets.
The winning chef will join Delta’s existing culinary team that currently includes chef Michelle Bernstein of Miami, Michael Chiarello (who has restaurants in both Napa Valley and San Francisco), and master sommelier Andrea Robinson. The winning chef will consult with Delta on menus for flights departing Atlanta.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts