Cold Sneaky Sesame Noodles
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 Teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup tahini (sesame paste), well-stirred
- 1 Cup Sneaky Chef White Purée*
- 1/4 Cup rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 Pound Asian noodles, freshly cooked
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Cucumber slices, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
If you wanted to make this a two-pronged meal, double the recipe and serve it for dinner, then have the kids take the leftovers for school lunch the next day. Pick up some extra Chinese takeout white boxes for extra fun in the lunchbox!
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, tahini, White Purée, vinegar, and garlic. Add red pepper flakes gradually to taste.
Put the pasta in a large serving bowl. Spoon the sauce over the pasta, tossing to coat the pasta evenly. Garnish with sliced green onions, cucumber, and sesame seeds, if using. Refrigerate until cool, or feel free to serve it warm.
Calories per serving:393 calories
Dietary restrictions:Balanced Sugar Conscious, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free