- Fabio Viviani born (1978)
Coffee Trivia: All About Your Caffeinated Cup
Recipe of the day
It's almost National Coffee Day, and we have the breakdown of your pour-over cup in the morning, Starbucks trips, and the need for caffeine.
Thanks to some surveys from Nescafé and the Ashley Madison website (yes, really), the findings about your daily caffeine buzz may surprise you.
From Nescafé's survey:
• Americans spend more than $400 per year on "specialty" coffee drinks: the equivalent of a six-night Carnival Cruise.
• One in three specialty coffee drinkers have gotten an eye roll from a barista just for making a special request in their order.
• On average, specialty coffee drinkers spend seven minutes per day in line waiting for their drinks — or 2,555 minutes per year. That’s almost two entire days each year spent looking at the back of a stranger’s head.
• No surprise here: 92 percent of specialty coffee drinkers feel that beverages at coffee shops are overpriced!
• Two out of five coffee drinkers incorrectly think that a cupcake has more calories than their specialty café drink.
From the Ashley Madison website:
The extramarital website, AshleyMadison.com, surveyed 12,000 "straying spouses" and found that 84 percent of them were "coffee fiends." The average member on the site drinks about 4 1/2 cups per day, and prefers their coffee black. "Cheating hearts seem to run on caffeine, needing to be stimulated in more ways than one," said Noel Biderman, founder and CEO of AshleyMadison.com, in a release. Thanks for the advice — now we know what to look out for.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts