Did you see the BBQ party I shared last week as part of our summer partnership with Coca-Cola® ?!
I urge you to have a look for the styling ideas 'course...but also the HUGE $1700 contest we've got for ya! ;)
Since the post was super long, I decided to share the BBQ pulled pork recipe today.Honestly, it's the best BBQ pork I ever had. EVER! did I say ever?!
The Coca-Cola gives it a totally new, rich, sticky and gnarly coating to the pork!
And the bonus, is that you are left with the makings of the most amazing homemade BBQ sauce in the pan!
I served my pulled pork with salads, sauces and sides to guests could help themselves and create a meaty sandwich - All the details of the DIY BBQ bar can be found here.
BBQ Coca-Cola® Pulled Pork Recipe
* 2 kg (4 lb) pork joint - we used leg, boneless* 2 x 8 fl oz bottles of Coca-Cola®* 1 tbsp of smoked paprika* 1 tea spoons of ground black pepper* Salt to taste - I put 1 tbsp in * 2 large onions sliced* 3 bay leaves
1) Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C, or gas mark 3.
2) Place sliced onions and bay leave on a baking tray.
3) Mix the dry spices and salt and rub all over the pork, massing well to coat. Massaged pork tastes better, apparently ;p
4) Place pork on top of the onions and bay, and add the Coca-Cola® . Cover with foil, and bake for 4 hours, basting with the pan juices after 2 hours.
This can be done up to 2 days ahead of the BBQ day!
5) When read to BBQ, remove pork from pan and smear with homemade BBQ sauce (see recipe below), then and cook for 10-15 minutes on each side, until nicely charred.
6) Pull apart with forks and serve. Add BBQ sauce to the side.
Homemade BBQ sauce
The pan juices make the best BBQ sauce to serve with your pork!
* 4 tbsp ketchup* 4 tbsp red wine vinegar* 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce* 2 tbsp of brown sugar
1) Mix all the sauce ingredients.
2) Add sauce to the pork roasting pan with all the onions and bay leaves.
3) Place it on the hob and let it bubble for 10-15 minutes until thick.
4) Remove the bay and add to a blender or food processor. Blitz until smooth.
Now don't forget to enter our "Share a Coke" $1700 contest! You could WIN 2 round-trip flights on United Airlines to anywhere in the continental U.S., Caribbean, Mexico, Central America or Hawaii AND a $500 Visa gift card Enter here ♥