- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Coca-Cola Launching Hot Ginger Ale Can
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- The Viral Infographic Showing What a Can of Coca-Cola Does to Your Body Was Inaccurate
- Another Almond Milk Brand Is Facing a Lawsuit for Not Using Enough Almonds
- Tired of Fruitless Searching? Now You Can Order a Personalized ‘Share a Coke With…’ Bottle
- 10 Fruits to Add to Your Water That Will Totally Benefit Your Body
- This Miracle Drink Could Ensure That You Never Get a Hangover Again
We can always rely on the Japanese soda market to introduce surprising soda flavors, but hot soda? PSFK reports that Coca-Cola is launching a heated ginger ale in Japan, using a can that will heat up the drink when shaken and placed upright.
Of course, heated drinks are already popular in Japan, especially when the weather gets colder; hot coffee and tea drinks are already sold in vending machines, including Coca-Cola's Georgia coffee brand, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
The first heated soda, however, is reportedly a carbonated drink with ginger extract, apple, and cinnamon flavors. No word on when these will hit the States, but while the idea of a hot soda sounds strange, we can only imagine the possibilities come winter. A hot whiskey-ginger or a hot toddy variation? Yep, sounds right up our alley. The Canada Dry Ginger Ale cans hit Japanese markets Oct. 21, for 120 yen (or about $1.20).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts