- Ice Cream Month begins
- Blueberry Month begins
Coca-Cola Launching Hot Ginger Ale Can
Coca-ColaWould you try a hot ginger ale?
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Man Sues Rockstar Energy, Alleges it Gave Him a Heart Attack
- Starbucks to Discontinue Valencia Orange Refresher, Release New Flavor
- Exercise Enthusiasts Should Watch Water Intake, Study Says
- The Best Root Beers for Making Root Beer Floats
- Bay Area Might Explore Recycling Toilet Water for Use as Drinking Water
We can always rely on the Japanese soda market to introduce surprising soda flavors, but hot soda? PSFK reports that Coca-Cola is launching a heated ginger ale in Japan, using a can that will heat up the drink when shaken and placed upright.
Of course, heated drinks are already popular in Japan, especially when the weather gets colder; hot coffee and tea drinks are already sold in vending machines, including Coca-Cola's Georgia coffee brand, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
The first heated soda, however, is reportedly a carbonated drink with ginger extract, apple, and cinnamon flavors. No word on when these will hit the States, but while the idea of a hot soda sounds strange, we can only imagine the possibilities come winter. A hot whiskey-ginger or a hot toddy variation? Yep, sounds right up our alley. The Canada Dry Ginger Ale cans hit Japanese markets Oct. 21, for 120 yen (or about $1.20).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts