Classic Irish Songs for St. Patrick’s Day
We’re ready to celebrate this weekend with these traditional songs in tow.
No party is complete without a few tunes. With regards to St. Patrick’s Day, the options are endless. You have your classic bar and drinking songs, your old-school hits, and your new-school favorites — but the traditional songs are what are treasured the most.
Musicians like The Dubliners, The Chieftains, The Clancy Brothers, Tommy Makem, and others are the bands that make St. Patrick’s Day memories. It’s singing songs like "Wild Rover" and "Whiskey in a Jar" that rev up party-goers and guests with Irish spirit.
Once you press play on this list, watch the crowd go wild with excitement.
Take a listen to our playlist on Spotify. Here are a few featured songs:
- The Clancy Brothers—Beer, Beer, Beer
- Tommy Makem—Whiskey, You’re the Devil
- The Clancy Brothers—The Moonshiner
- Tommy Makem—Irish Rover
- Tommy Makem—Johnny, I Hardly Know Ye
- The Clancy Brothers—The Parting Glass
- The Clancy Brothers—Galway Bay
- Tommy Makem—Rising of THe Moon
- The Clancy Brothers—Red Haired Mary
- The Chieftans—Down in the Willow Garden
- The Civil Wars—Lily Love
- The Chieftans—When the Ship Comes In
- The Punch Brothers—The Frost Is All Over
- Pistol Annies—Come All Ya Fair and Tender Ladies
- The Chieftans—The Women of Ireland
- The Dubliners—The Rocky Road to Dublin
- The Dubliners—Seven Drunken Nights
- The Dubliners—The Fields of Athenry
- The Dubliners—The Lords of The Dance
- Mary Black—The Holy Ground
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).