- Food Bank Week Begins
Claire Robinson's Entertaining and Tailgating Tips
Recipe of the day
We’re big fans of cooking shows here at The Daily Meal, so it’s no surprise that we aim to achieve cooking-show caliber results in our own kitchens.
Luckily, when you have a chef who just happens to be the star of a cooking show guiding you, it’s a little bit easier to accomplish the goal. Claire Robinson, the host of Food Network’s 5 Ingredient Fix, aims to please those on a budget, those with a time limit, and those with crowds to please. Five ingredients or less — that’s all it takes!
Here are a few of Robinson’s tips:
• Take ingredients from your kitchen, that way you'll use what you already have.
• Entertain buffet style. Guests end up taking only what they want without the waste.
• Always pick "double duty" ingredients to cut recipe and prep time down.
• Make dishes ahead of time. That way you can also enjoy the game, concert, or event!
Asian Beef Roll-Ups
Juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 to 2 tablespoons chile sauce, or to taste
1 pound flank steak
• Whisk lime juice, sugar, soy sauce, and chili sauce until combined in a glass baking dish. Slice the steak against the grain into very thin strips and place in the marinade, tossing to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
• Heat a nonstick grill pan over high heat until very hot. Working in batches, using tongs, drain excess marinade from the meat strips into a bowl, quickly grill the steak, turning once, until seared and cooked through, one to two minutes total.
• Meanwhile, pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until reduced and thickened, about five minutes.
• Transfer the cooked beef to a cutting board. Roll each strip lengthwise into a bundle and spear each roll with a toothpick. Place the beef roll-ups on a platter and drizzle the thickened glaze over them. Serve immediately.
Jump to the next page for another recipe!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts