Citrus Poached Shrimp
- 4 s slices lemon
- 4 s slices lime
- 4 s slices orange
- 6 Cups water
- 1 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 1/4 Pound hrimp, 16-20, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 s black peppercorns
- 2 s sprigs fresh rosemary
- Braised Short Ribs of Beef for the Holidays
- Bow-tie Pasta Salad with sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, feta and spinach
- Chipotle Cheddar Cream Cheese Poppers
- 7 Layer Dip
- Spicy Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Ricotta and Pea Ravioli with Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Pistachio and Goat Cheese Crusted Lamb
- Beet Carpaccio with Blue Cheese Mousse
Poached shrimp are so light and refreshing, and no additional fat also makes them healthy. Serve these as a party appetizer with classic cocktail sauce, or make an entrée out of any salad.Many recipes call for shrimp with the shell on. In this case, I've opted for shrimp without the shell to save time and eliminate the need to peel the shrimp after cooking.
Slice the orange, lemon and lime into 1/4 inch thick wheels to measure the indicated amounts. Place in a large pot.
Add the water, wine, whole peppercorns, fresh rosemary and kosher salt to the pot of citrus slices. Place the pot over high heat. Proceed with next step as liquid comes to a boil.
Once liquid is boiling, lower heat to a gentle simmer. Add the shrimp and cook until they are bright pink, about 4-6 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked shrimp to a large heat-proof bowl.
Place the bowl of shrimp in the refrigerator and chill for 10 minutes before serving.
Transfer the chilled citrus poached shrimp to a serving bowl or dinner plates. Ready to eat!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts