- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, leaves removed from stem, plus 1 whole sprig for garnish
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces Cointreau
- 2 ounces tequila blanco
- Brown sugar, for rim
- 1 cherry tomato, for garnish
- 1 black olive, for garnish
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
This gorgeous and flavorful cocktail is the signature drink at the Grand Velas resort in Riviera Nayarit. Because the hotel is all-inclusive, you can have as many of these as you'd like. Or, if you want a taste of Mexico at home, then try serving these are your next cocktail party.
In a blender, place the lemon juice, cilantro, and simple syrup. Blend to combine. In an ice-filled cocktail shaker, add the Cointreau, tequila, and lemon-cilantro mixture and shake well. Dampen the rim of a cocktail glass, then coat with the brown sugar. Strain the contents of the shaker in to the glass, garnish, and serve.
Calories per serving:304 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Fat, Low Sodium Fat Free, Low Fat Abs, Low Potassium, Kidney Friendly
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.