Christopher Kimball Says ‘I Do’ to Melissa Baldino
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
Christopher Kimball married Melissa Baldino in Cambridge, Mass., this past weekend, reports The New York Times in a wedding announcement.
Kimball is the founder and president of America’s Test Kitchen, which produces the eponymous radio and television shows and publishes the home cook’s bible Cook’s Illustrated. Baldino is the executive producer of both shows, the television version of which is the most-watched cooking show on public television.
According to The Times, the couple met when Baldino interviewed at America’s Test Kitchen to be Kimball’s assistant in 2002. She did not get the job until two months later, when the woman Kimball had previously hired quit.
"It wasn’t planned," Baldino told The Times on falling for Kimball. "One day at the office, I called a meeting with him, and I said, 'Um, you might want to fire me, but I love you.'" Instead of firing her, Kimball, who was in the final stages of a divorce, returned the sentiment, and proposed in March 2013.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts