- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Cooking spray, for greasing
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- One 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Nutella Amaretto Icebox Cookies with Almonds Recipe
- Holiday Mint Squares Recipe
- Christmas Cutout Cookies
- Pineapple Cherry Cookies Recipe
- Orange Ricotta Cookies Recipe
- Half-Moon Christmas Cookies Recipe
- Holiday Turnip Mash Recipe
- Blue Cheese and Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Sweet and Zippy Stuffing Recipe
Here’s a delicious and slightly sweet pumpkin bread that can go with dinner or that can be served as a dessert bread topped with whipped cream. Great for any time of year enjoy this pumpkin bread for a quick bite with friends and family.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease the bottoms of two 8-by-4-inch loaf pans. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until mixed.
In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each one is added. Beat in the water and pumpkin. Add the flour mixture and beat until mixed. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Spread evenly in pans. Sprinkle tops with the remaining chocolate chips, pecans, and sugar.
Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow the loaves to cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing.