- Taco Day
Chicken Wings with a Honey-Teriyaki Glaze Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken wings, split
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more if needed
- Pinch of red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 scallion, finely chopped, green and light green parts only
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
These wings were marinated in this sweet-and-spicy sauce that was later boiled down to make a delectable glaze for the crispy, tender wings. You can marinate them anywhere from 2 hours to a day, or just bake them with olive oil and make the glaze to finish.
Wash and pat dry the wings. In a large bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce and honey and whisk together. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the garnish, and mix. Taste and adjust seasoning to reach your desired taste. Add the chicken wings and coat with the marinade, then cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 1 day.
When time to cook, remove from the cold and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spread the wings out on a foil-lined baking sheet or pan, reserving the leftover marinade. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until crispy and juices run clear when pierced with a fork, turning over once halfway.
5-10 minutes before the wings are done, add the remaining marinade to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Then turn the heat to low and cook until warmed through and the wings are ready.
Place the wings in a serving bowl, drizzle with the glaze and garnish with sesame seeds if you like. (You can pour all of the glaze into the serving bowl, or serve some on the side as a dipping sauce.)
Calories per serving:975 calories
Dietary restrictions:Low Carb Dairy Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Pork Free, Alcohol Free, No Oil Added