Breakups: Restaurant Edition
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
Steve Levine, the owner of Wilshire in Santa Monica, Calif., announced today that Executive Chef Andrew Kirschner is leaving the restaurant (you may remember him from The Next Iron Chef). Levine commented on the split through his publicist Jannis Swerman, “We’ve enjoyed a great run for the past four years and I wish Andrew the best in his own venture.”
General manager, Nick Fielding will take the helm at Wilshire during the transition. This announcement follows a slew of other restaurant breakups in the past month, several seemingly a little more acrimonious — take a look.
Jan. 10th: Michael White and Chris Cannon officially split up.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts