Chefs at Home: Spike Mendelsohn's Revamped Schoolhouse Apartment
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
While Spike Mendelsohn is busy juggling his Good Stuff Eateries and upcoming steak frites joint Bearnaise (slated to open next month, he says), he has a pretty sweet bachelor pad of sorts to go home to.
"I chose it because it’s a beautiful loft," Mendelsohn told The Daily Meal. "There's 100-year-old wood floors, an old-school chalkboard. I thought was just a really great cool space. It’s kind of like the bachelor pad I never ever had."
And sticking with the bachelor pad theme, Mendelsohn has decked out the apartment with a wall of graffiti, a killer dining room table, and a fish tank that currently houses a tiny 4-inch shark (and let's not forget the stack of vintage Playboy magazines). Click through our slideshow to check out Mendelsohn's updated schoolhouse apartment, as he cooks up a mean steak and eggs for breakfast.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts