Chefs' 5 Favorite Kitchen Tools
Recipe of the day
- The Ultimate Guide to Kitchen Spring Cleaning
- Little Things You Can Do to Save Money in the Kitchen
- The Top 26 Best Food Storage Containers
- Monitor Your Meats From Your Smart Phone With This Bluetooth Thermometer
- The Cinder Sensing Cooker Uses Actual Rocket Science to Help You Cook Everything Perfectly
Time to play What Would You Take with You on a Deserted Island? The essential kitchen tools edition. We asked 13 chefs what kitchen equipment they couldn't live without to find both surprising and expected answers.
The tools that chefs use to create their food dictates to a certain extent the type of cuisine that they create: whether it's exact and detailed food that's made by chef Tony Conte using a pressure cooker or a more home-grown and comforting type of food made by chefs like Gabrielle Hamilton who prefers her two hands before anything else. The choices that the following chefs made indicate to some level their approach and attitude toward cooking. It also shows which chefs are up on their social media efforts.
Let us know what tools you couldn’t live without. Me? My mortar and pestle, for sure.
In the same vein, we recently posted an article about the 50 Most Important Inventions (and Discoveries) in Food and Drink that includes many of the tools listed below. For kicks and giggles, make sure to check out our list of inventions we didn’t need.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts